Clarksboro Lodge No. 87 originally was chartered as Paulsboro Lodge No. 262 in 1926. In 1997, Paulsboro Lodge merged with Swedesboro Lodge No. 157 (originally chartered in 1886) to create Paulsboro Swedesboro Lodge No. 157. Then, in 2011, Paulsboro Swedesboro Lodge and Florence Lodge No. 87 (originally chartered in 1868) consolidated to become Clarksboro Lodge No. 87.
Paulsboro Lodge No. 262 originally met in a room above Weis' hardware store in Paulsboro. Later it met in the Grange Hall in Mickleton. Then, in 1956, the Lodge acquired land on the border of Paulsboro and Clarksboro to construct its current building. The lodge building has gone through many upgrades since 1956 including a new roof, new siding, and the addition of an elevator.